Batch convert .doc & .xls to PDF

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by enigma2k, Sep 2, 2011.

1. enigma2k macrumors regular

Hi,

I am using Mac Office 2011 and Acrobat X on OSX Lion. Now I wanted to batch convert several hundred .doc and .xls documents to PDF but Acrobat won't read the file formats. WTH? I always did this kind of batch coverting in Windows.

If this is not supported by Acrobat for Mac, is there any other way I can batch convert several Office files to pdf? Adobe/MS can't possibly want me to manually convert each document one by one.

2. enigma2k thread starter macrumors regular

Is there really no way in Acrobat for OSX to do this? Am I the only one missing this?

In Windows this was actually the only thing I used Acrobat for.

3. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

I'm not too familiar with Acrobat, but isn't there probably a way to do it in Automator? That would be my first guess... :)

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Automator would definitely do this. Have a play and see if you can work it out. If you can't then post back and I will try and guide you through the workflow.

Edit* Take a look at this guide.

5. enigma2k thread starter macrumors regular

Automator can do this with normal files but not if you are using Macros in the Excel file. I really hate using MS products for all the bugs. (Office documents to PDF Automator plugin is build by MS)