batch converting folder of RAW and tiff files to jpeg

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by seenew, Jul 6, 2010.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

So I don't have Lightroom and I need to batch convert 1,100+ photos from RAW to jpeg and keep their adjustments. There are also some tiffs in the folder (though I could do those separate, there aren't many). I've got Bridge, Photoshop CS4, and obviously Automator. Before wasting potentially an hour or more figuring out the best way to go about this, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the quickest route to take.

Sooo... help? :) Thanks in advance!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd say that the fastest way would be through Automator. Your workflow should look something like this:

Attached Files:

3. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

yeah that's beautiful, except it doesn't apply the adjustments from any accompanying .xmp file :(

4. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Photoshop has had the ability to batch process files for a long time. Not sure how to incorporate the sidecar files but it should be possible without too much difficulty. If it's a one-shot deal, perhaps installing the demo of Lightroom might work too as it will read the xmp files and you can just do a mass export.

Ruahrc

5. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Have you tried Bibble (bibblelabs.com). It can do that. And I believe you can get a free trial.