Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skuld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Greetings all,

I have a rather large collection of .jpg photographs (several thousand images) that I would like to be able to batch edit for several of the fields that can be edited in Photoshop File Info:

Document Title
Author
Keywords
Copyright Status
Copyright Notice

I did find an automator action that is called "Write IPTC Tags to JPEGs", but that overrides any existing information, and is therefore not very usable. The images I am working with are taken by two photographers, over the span of several years, and the keywords I would like to apply are very varied, but elements in the images that I want to represent in keywords are repeated. So I have rather few images that would have the exact same info. Hence the overwriting is a big drawback for me.

Does anyone know of a tool that I can do this with? I would rather not have to work with command line tools. The computer it would be done on is running MacOS X 10.6.3

Afterthecalm

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
Do you have Bridge?

You can do a batch edit of file information using the application

In Bridge, highlight all the pics in question, then right-click and go to File Info and a drop box appears to do what it is you ask for

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    82 KB · Views: 115

Skuld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Do you have Bridge?

You can do a batch edit of file information using the application

In Bridge, highlight all the pics in question, then right-click and go to File Info and a drop box appears to do what it is you ask for

Unfortunately not. I did, but my hard drive died, and the disk is with my family on the other side of the Atlantic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.