Batch edit of file info for jpegs.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Skuld, May 8, 2010.

1. Skuld macrumors newbie

Greetings all,

I have a rather large collection of .jpg photographs (several thousand images) that I would like to be able to batch edit for several of the fields that can be edited in Photoshop File Info:

Document Title
    Author
    Keywords
    Copyright Status
    Copyright Notice

I did find an automator action that is called "Write IPTC Tags to JPEGs", but that overrides any existing information, and is therefore not very usable. The images I am working with are taken by two photographers, over the span of several years, and the keywords I would like to apply are very varied, but elements in the images that I want to represent in keywords are repeated. So I have rather few images that would have the exact same info. Hence the overwriting is a big drawback for me.

Does anyone know of a tool that I can do this with? I would rather not have to work with command line tools. The computer it would be done on is running MacOS X 10.6.3

2. Afterthecalm macrumors member

Do you have Bridge?

You can do a batch edit of file information using the application

In Bridge, highlight all the pics in question, then right-click and go to File Info and a drop box appears to do what it is you ask for

Attached Files:

3. Skuld thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately not. I did, but my hard drive died, and the disk is with my family on the other side of the Atlantic.

4. Flash SWT macrumors 6502

Flash SWT

Photo Mechanic would be my recommendation. While not free it is well worth the money. There is a fully functional trial so you can give it a try for 20 days.
    http://www.camerabits.com

The IPTC Stationary Pad is what you'd want to utilize.