Batch editing software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dead goon, Jul 23, 2009.

1. dead goon macrumors member

Hey guys, I just transfered my photos to my MBP today and I've come to realise I've got a crap load of DSC2323.jpg type files all over the place.

Do you know of any decent, batch editing software? Something that I could use to transfer a heap of file names on the fly? Small and light preferably.

Thanks.

2. Dale Cooper macrumors regular

Dale Cooper

You could try Automator (standard OS X app), it has the ability to batch change file names.

3. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

Depends on what you want to edit. If you want to batch edit the photos themselves (such as scale a group of photos for email/web), there's nothing better than GraphicConverter. If you want to rename the files to something useful, a cheap and good solution is ABetterFinderRename. (You can use rules to assign names, such as a numbered list, naming based on the date/time, etc.)

Dave

4. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

Depends on what you want to do. If all you want to do is change size and resolution, an Automator script or a command line `scriptlet' will do. If you want to do more complex edits, have a look at Aperture or Lightroom.

5. dead goon thread starter macrumors member

I just want to change the filenames. Thanks Dave00, that software looks good.