Batch photo delete in iPad??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1appleAday, Oct 24, 2010.

1. 1appleAday macrumors regular

I took my iPad to a trip recently instead of my laptop, which proves to be a very good decision: it's light, convenient, and with the camera kit, importing and reviewing pic is a breeze.

Now that I'm back, all the pic are exported to my home machine. But when I try to delete the pics, I realize I can't do batch delete in the iPad. I also try to do it in iTunes or iPhoto, but still no luck. I have 2000+ pic in my iPad. Do I need to delete them manually one by one???:eek::confused:

Any tips to do batch delete will be much appreciated!

2. b.c. macrumors 6502

use Image Capture app (included with Mac OS X)

connect your iPad to the Mac via USB cable, fire up the Image Capture app, select all your photos in the list then hit the delete button at bottom of the window.

p.s. if you just need to delete groups of photos, here's a trick to select groups of photos on the iPad itself.

but if you really do want to delete all hundreds/thousands of photos all at once, using Image Capture is the way to go

3. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

4. 1appleAday thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much! Works like a charm! :)

5. b.c. macrumors 6502

you're welcome :)

you're right, the iPad + CCK makes a handy photo storage device and let's you leave the laptop at home. I've done so on a couple trips so far

(now if only you could organize/rename folders of imported photos...)