Batch Process In Photoshop With Burning...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Aug 13, 2011.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hi Guys,

I created a timelapse last night in an attempt to capture the stars with my house in the foreground. However, the moon was really bright (full tonight I believe) and the house is overexposed.

I have tested with one frame in photoshop and with a little Burn tool and a masked adjustment layer which increases contrast the house looks better. However, I have some 200 images to apply these changes to before the moon sets.

Can someone help me create an action or a batch process? Basically I want to know the fastest way to apply the same adjustment layer and burn amount to each photo in the same place?

Thanks.

2. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I'd like to see this response also...I use both Aperture 3 and CS5.

In Aperture 3 I've done this countless times.
    Don't know how in CS5

In Aperture 3, do PP on a photo you have, RH click on the photo and select lift adjustments, and you RH click on the photo(s) you want to apply adjustments onto.
    (and you can apply all or just some, its pretty powerful actually)

When I do many-many shots, 100's, for timelapse stuff it comes in handy, like your situation.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Worse case scenario I can do it in Lightroom and I suppose I should have done that to start but now I have asked the question about photoshop I would like to know the solution incase lightroom isn't available in the future!

Mtbdudex will you be shooting the full moon tonight? Did you get any of the meteor shower this morning?

4. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

You just need to set up a new action and 'record' what you do to one photograph.

If your doing a batch you are best of creating a 'droplet' Then you can just drop the folder of images on it and let it get on with it.

I don't think it works with brush strokes though so yo might need to save a version with the bushed in adjustments and erase everything thats ok to change put that on top and stamp it down.

5. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Shot the meteor shower Friday morning - got 6-7, this morning was cloudy, so also no moon shots, looks like it might clear up tonight so I might take some moon shots tonight.

6. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks for the help.

There is a great shadow that moves across the house during pretty much all the photos.

I may just have to do the lightroom approach at the moment until I figure out a better way to do it in photoshop!