Batch recoding of video files.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xappeal, Oct 6, 2007.

1. xappeal macrumors regular

I have a large number (600GB+) of assorted video files, none of which are in mp4. Is there any way, or program that will do a batch recode of all the files in a folder to make them iPod touch playable? Even better would be to preserve all the file names.

I have an equal amount of free space as videos on my vista box so I have room to put duplicate copies when converting. I can use either Mac or PC for the conversion.

Is there anything that would do this?

I have used ffmpegX but it requires you to add and name the files individually.

2. jolshwar macrumors newbie

isuint

You have to change the setting to make it perfect for ipod touch, bur it supports
    the dragging and dropping of many files.

3. xappeal thread starter macrumors regular

4. pederg macrumors member

try visualhub.. it is the upgrade of iSquint and costs about $23 but it is worth it with presettings for the iPod touch..

5. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

VisualHub, it is the best (and easiest!) video conversion program I have ever used on any platform.

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I had quicktime pro so I use that for converting. Not sure if you'd want to pay to get quicktime pro though

7. dKran macrumors member

or if you are looking for a free solution you could download the visualhub trial, convert the video (it will only let you do the first two minutes though) then look at what the resolution is (Ctrl-Click - Get Info) it will say what the optimal reasolution for that video is, so then you can just open up iSquint, go to the advanced settings, and put that for the resolution.
    or just pay the $23, visualhub is great for everything, way more than just iPods.

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

600+ Gigs, wow by the time those all get converted the iPod touch 4th gen will be out.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I second Visualhub. You could queue up all the material, set the settings, and let it run for a week.

It's totally worth $23, by the way.