Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
I found a great video on youtube that showed step by step how to watermark multiple images on photoshop. YouTube Video

I followed the instructions, separating landscape photos from the portrait photos. The landscape images turned out great, the portrait images however gave me two different results. Some images had the watermarks placed correctly. Others were a bit higher than I originally placed and slid in towards the middle of the image.

All images were edited and exported from Lightroom 3. Some were cropped but I did not change the ratio/size of the image when cropped.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Could you double-check that they are indeed all the same size? When making the action it will not automatically put it into the corner unless all the images are of the same size, so that would be my first guess...

For this I used another technique for aligning, having the watermark layer active, select all, then using the "align layers to selection" function in the Layers menu.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
Thanks, it seems to be the best step to make sure the watermark falls on the the place. Is it possible to set it to have it leave some space so its not all the way to the corner when using than function?

Could you double-check that they are indeed all the same size? When making the action it will not automatically put it into the corner unless all the images are of the same size, so that would be my first guess...

For this I used another technique for aligning, having the watermark layer active, select all, then using the "align layers to selection" function in the Layers menu.

tamasvarga67

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
All images were edited and exported from Lightroom 3.

Why don't you just add the watermark in LR3 when exporting the pictures? I do that and never have any problem with the placement. I anchor it at the bottom right corner and all set.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
I have two watermarks that I need to add to some of my images. One on the bottom left and the other one on the bottom right.

5828440375_377476e7ea_z.jpg

Sample of result images I'm getting side by side..

Why don't you just add the watermark in LR3 when exporting the pictures? I do that and never have any problem with the placement. I anchor it at the bottom right corner and all set.

Last edited:

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Thanks, it seems to be the best step to make sure the watermark falls on the the place. Is it possible to set it to have it leave some space so its not all the way to the corner when using than function?
Select the move tool and nudge them into place with the arrow keys after doing the aligning, it will get recorded in the same action.

tamasvarga67

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
I see... Well I am not Photoshop expert I am using LR3 for 99% of processing so I have no idea. But as it was mentioned before if the sizes are not the same it can mess things up or if you are doing any resizing in PS.
If you crop in LR and the cropped image smaller than the size set for export and the "Don't Enlarge" is checked then you will end up with different size of images.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
California
Thanks! This definitely fixed the problem. I went ahead and unticked "Don't Enlarge" and seems to work now.

I see... Well I am not Photoshop expert I am using LR3 for 99% of processing so I have no idea. But as it was mentioned before if the sizes are not the same it can mess things up or if you are doing any resizing in PS.
If you crop in LR and the cropped image smaller than the size set for export and the "Don't Enlarge" is checked then you will end up with different size of images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.