Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadawan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Hello

I would like to replace the battery from my MBP 2015 Retina.
What are good brands? I saw a few weeks back a battery with a design of 9500+ mAh. I like to go for a higher mAh then original.
any suggestions And experience?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello

I would like to replace the battery from my MBP 2015 Retina.
What are good brands? I saw a few weeks back a battery with a design of 9500+ mAh. I like to go for a higher mAh then original.
any suggestions And experience?
I'd strongly recommend staying with the Apple battery. When you get the battery replaced by Apple, you also get a new top case (keyboard, trackpad, etc.) and you get a reliable battery with a reputable warranty.

Reactions: pshufd and Tekguy0

ipadawan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Thank you all for your advice.

I'd strongly recommend staying with the Apple battery. When you get the battery replaced by Apple, you also get a new top case (keyboard, trackpad, etc.) and you get a reliable battery with a reputable warranty.

Sounds good!! Is the named replacement for sure, because it is the first time I hear about it? I am in the Netherlands.
Also, do I need te replace the 1TB SSD back to a the original SSD?

Will look for the Apple price here in Holland.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Thank you all for your advice.

Sounds good!! Is the named replacement for sure, because it is the first time I hear about it? I am in the Netherlands.
Also, do I need te replace the 1TB SSD back to a the original SSD?

Will look for the Apple price here in Holland.

In theory they shouldn't care about the SSD. Price list for battery replacement is somewhere in apple service section of website, but it's probably about 200euro.

profcutter

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2019
I'd probably put in the original SSD just to be safe. Just like they warn you to back up your data before you send it in, if something happens to the machine, you'll be out your ssd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.