Bathroom safe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chezza, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chezza macrumors member

Hi. Odd thing, but maybe you can shed some light on it. I came across this a while ago, but it seems to be happening again.

Has the iPhone 3G been made bathroom safe? For example, to stop me from using it in the bathroom and electrocuting myself or something, because whenever I go in the bathroom the wi-fi connection drops out - basically making the phone useless.

Have Apple done this to stop me from using my iPhone in the bathroom, and potentially dropping it in the bath or something. It's just only ever seems to happen in the bathroom.

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

3. mofei1 macrumors regular

lol, highly unlikey. I use mine in the bathroom every now and again with no problems. chances are your wireless signal isnt strong enough!

4. chezza thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I should go into someone else's bathroom to test it? What do you think?

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I think the iPhone works perfect in the bathroom, if you dont have Wifi then its because the signal isnt strong enough (as mentioned above)!

6. chezza thread starter macrumors member

i think what i'm mostly worried about is the fact I travel a lot for work, and so I don't want to be missing out on email whenever I go to the bathroom. Is there maybe an app out there? I had a search in the app store but didn't find anything. I just need something that detects if your near a bathroom so I can stay clear.

7. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Yeah they put a safeguard in it where if the GPS senses you are within a few feet of a toilet or shower, it will automatically shut off all radios inside the phone. :) Hahaha.... nope.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Stop wasting everybody's time.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I've heard that profound amounts of methane gas can interfere with cell signal. Maybe you should check your diet, instead of blaming your phone.

10. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

11. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Really? REALLY?! I am quite speechless...about this thread.

12. MaroW macrumors member

i hope you ppl dont have it in the bathroom while showering or taking a bath.. could set off the liquid sensors if the air is too humid...

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well said.

It is obviously a "joke" thread by the OP…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.