Bathurst 1000

pknz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
So the great race has begun, Mark Skaife got hit in the first lap and is now out.

I don't really follow V8 Supercars, but I always seem to watch the Mount Panorama race.

Any others watching?

There was a nice tribute to Peter Brock before the race.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
just watching now... McConville crashed :eek:

its going now. rear right door gone, smoking wheels, crumpled bonnet... nasty

go kelly bros!

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I watched Marcus Ambrose in the Nascar truck race today live on tv, i could get live timing of the F1's from Japan online.. for the Bathurst race which is of most interest to me... i get tiny minute snippets of information online every few hours.

Damn shame about Skaife...was really hoping he could get the win. So long as it is a Holden win i guess i will be happy.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
getting close to the end, and lowndes is first, kelly second and a safety car... its going to be a good last few laps :D:D:D

EDIT::( Phord wins.... :mad: Half a second in front of Kelly!! grr...

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Was a good race, shame skaife went out the way he did.

RIP Mark Porter, who passes away following a crash in the development series on friday afternoon.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
barneygumble said:
RIP Mark Porter, who passes away following a crash in the development series on friday afternoon.

RIP. I still can't believe it happened. I've seen far worse crashes with the drivers just walking away. Very unlucky.

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
He was from Hamilton, which is where I am currently living. Many people I know around here know his family well. Real shame.