Batman Arkham City in 3D is WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Game of the year.....

And may I say the first console game to do 3D fantastically. It's the AVATAR of 3D in video games, without any penalty in clarity, texture quality, resolution degradation. Truly breathtaking that RockSteady have made a 3D game that excels and succeeds more than any other first party 3D title on Sony's PS3...

TinTin on the other hand is an absolute disaster 3D wise, and simply does not work at all.

2. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    ...And I thought Avatar in 3D was utterly lame.

3D does nothing for me in video games, and I have a pretty bitchin' Sony 46NX810.....

Oh wait, but I already wear glasses. Glasses on top of glasses is just silly...

3D, please die sooner rather than later....

However, I will agree that Batman: Arkham City is just great fun.

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Hmm....so maybe I will actually get some use out of my 3D tv after all? (Besides watching "Piranha 3D"! :D)

I'll give this a shot, along with the Team Ico Collection. Haven't picked up Arkham City yet though. I've slowly come to the realization that games tend to cost A LOT less if I just wait a few months after release! :)

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Normally I would totally agree, but Batman in 3D really works. No crosstalk. Good depth perception for flying and judging leaps etc. No graphical sacrifices including no framerate hits. Check it out if you have the facility too, it does show when something is done right, it works very well and enhances the game rather than is a side gimmick. :)

5. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Nah. Its not going anywhere. When done right, 3D makes movies more enjoyable. I can't speak for games, though, as I don't have a 3D capable TV, yet. But I imagine its the same experience (or similar).

3D is like surround sound for the eyes. Some people don't care about it. Early on, it was gimmiky and poorly done. Now, its natural and most people don't think twice about it. 3D is just liek surround sound.

As for Arkham City....soon to be played! It looks awesome.

6. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I have yet to see a single movie that 3d adds rather than detracts from my enjoyment of it. IMO it's still a gimmick sold to those that enjoy Micheal Bay movies ;-) Also, since no movie yet envelops the entire human field of vision, looking from 3d to the bezel, or edge of the screen breaks the suspension of disbelief.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd hate it if I didn't enjoy 3D.
    2D or 3D... I'm game. I'll definitely be playing AC in 3D. I love SOTC in 3D too, gives it such a sense of depth and brings that world to life a little bit more.

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I am loving this game. It's the only game I've played in a long while that rewards you with so much for exploration. Enjoying it so much I have resisted buying Drake's Deception until I finish this...

9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

(Very late to this thread, but...)

What 3DTV did you use with it? Does it make much of a difference?

I bought AC over the weekend (yay!), a 3DTV a week ago (yay!) but am still waiting on the glasses to be delivered (boo!) so I'm very curious how well it looks and works.

10. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

I have to ask, what 3DTV do you have? That has to play a major part in it even though the game itself is excellent. I haven't been interested in 3DTV til this thread, lol.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I did U3 first and is a great game, starts strong but get's weaker in the latter chapters for me at least. It blows U2 up to 3/4 of the game; for me it went from a 9.9 to a 8.8 due to this.

As for Batman AC, I'm liking it too! Don't have a 3D TV, but your comment on Avatar characteristics have made me VERY curious to see it in action! Want to know why are you saying that it's the best 3D, what is the effect on 3D, everything pushes out, or just background?