Batt: 95% Cycle: 130?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Laurencia7, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

I have calibrated my battery often, and yet still it is at 95% health, isn't that bad!?

2. celticpride678

Nope, it sounds fine.

You can also try to reset your SMC.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It depends. How long have you had the Mac? 130 cycles in 2 months would be terrible, but over a couple years would be great. How often are you calibrating, BTW?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No. I have 180+ cycles on my two year old MB and have 93% health, which is still quite good.

Should have added this:
    [​IMG]

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

6. zacl87 macrumors member

I'm at 675 cycles and mine's at 95%, some days it's at 100%. But I have the feeling mine is some sort of awesome mutant. If it still works when it reaches 1000 cycles I'm gonna post something

7. Laurencia7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys, I calibrate once a month.
    And have had it for a year and 4 months.
    What is a SMC?

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

9. g3powerbook boy macrumors member

i have a g4 titanium powerbook 400 mhz/512 it works perfect but im wondering about battery life monitor readings. coconut battery shows 55 % battery life remaining and 34 load cycles. seems to me the battery life should be higher with so few cycles on the battery. I just got this computer around a month ago so not real familar with it but it seems to be working perfect. should i call apple and tell them about the battery or it wont matter to them?

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That PowerBook was released in 2001, thus it is nine years old, and to have only 34 cycles*, if it still the original battery, is quite low, as it wasn't properly used (discharged completely at least once a month), thus the bad health.

You could get unused batteries for that PowerBook via eBay if you'd like to start fresh and properly calibrate it.

* That are 108 months and one complete cycle every three months, which is not recommended, but I assume the battery is a bit newer than 108 months.