Batter cycles

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sablet, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Sablet macrumors newbie

good to have many of them or no? , i have had my macbook for 2 months and i got 52 cycles so far , i usually travel a lot ,
    thanks

2. Trixs macrumors member

The more you use your battery, the more cycles you'll have. The more cycles you have the worse your battery will get over time. But you shouldn't really worry about that, just use it like you want to...

3. Sablet thread starter macrumors newbie

mmm

well in the apple page it says this
    Standard Maintenance
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time. An ideal use would be a commuter who uses her MacBook Pro on the train, then plugs it in at the office to charge. This keeps the battery juices flowing.

:/ right now battery capacity says 5105 , and original capacity says it is 5020

should i leave it as much as i can plugged in ? or do what apple says?

4. Sablet thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

What are you gonna do? Keep your lappy locked away in the closet in fear that some day 5 years from now it will only last one hour? Batteries will be $65 by then...

Apple is suggesting that a person that always leaves it at home plugged-in should perform this calibration once a month.