Batter Drain and mediaserverd

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by critic81, Mar 18, 2010.

1. critic81 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

So I just restored to 3.1.3 and did the downgrade to 3.1.2 and then the custom IPSW for 3.1.3 for the jailbrake. I've been using TOP to check out my CPU usage and it seems like mediaserverd is always running with about a 3% CPU usage. I know that this is for the system audio, but why would it be running all the time. I was jailbroke on 3.1.2 and don't remember seeing this.

I was wondering if other people on jailbroken iPhone 3GS with 3.1.3 could run top and see if mediaserverd is running with a 3-5% cpu usage. Either that or if you know anything to why that would be running would be great.

Thanks!

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

mediaserverd is always running, whether jailbroken or not. It doesn't typically use any CPU on my iPhone, but it uses 15-25 MB of memory (depending on whether iPod is open).

3. iphone4 macrumors member

I'm in jailbroken 3.1.2 with 3GS. I've been finding phone doesn't make it through night any more. (e.g goes from 30% to 0% when asleep).

Looked at top and the only suspicious entry is mediaserverd at 3-8% CPU. This seems way too high when phone is silent. Hard reboot hasn't helped.

Could it be something installed from Cydia that has provoked this?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Mine's almost 9%. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. bike1967br macrumors newbie

Mine is happening the same thing

I downgraded 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.
    I had to use iRecovery to exit boot loop mode.
    After that I found mediaserverd running always as 3-8% as yours critic81.
    It is drainning a lot of battery.
    Anybody fixed it????