Batter Shows Dead

oldmanmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Upstate NY
Installed Mojave on mid 2012 MacBook Pro, battery shows dead, at 98% day before installing Mojave. Battery not really used, always on house power. Computer ran ultra slow, activity monitor shows CPU system running at 89%. Battery taken out and system show 8-9% and running fast, like I just took it out of box. Reinstalled battery and system goes back to 89%, and ultra slow. Anyone else having issue like this.

oldmanmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Upstate NY
What's the battery health and max charge?

Sounds like the battery may need to be replaced.
[doublepost=1550527276][/doublepost]Battery icon shows 0%, and only a year old. As I said it worked great before Mojave installed, 0% after. Machine runs like a raging ape with out battery in it. Machine ran with Apple’s battery swollen in it. This replacement ran for and until Mojave was installed.

oldmanmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Upstate NY
I don't think Mojave would kill the battery in this manner.

Is the battery down as being healthy in system report?

Is it an original Apple battery?
[doublepost=1550529108][/doublepost]Audit13, either did I. I was a battery from Ifixit and ran for a year. I just got off line with Ifixit and they had me run first aid out of the utility folder. Brought everything back to normal. Battery shows 100%, spent many hours with Apple Support and no one had me do that. Can't say enough about Ifixit about their support. Apple's not so much this time.

Reactions: Audit13