Batteries And Long Trips

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sylosis, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Sylosis macrumors newbie

I'm going on a long coach trip to Austria soon, just wondering if any of you experts know of any cheap, good rechargeable macbook batteries?

Also on a different note, can you get like cigarette lighter power adapters?

2. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

As far as the car adapter a power inverter will be your best bet. Keeps my mbp running on the road.

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I only know of 2 MacBook rechargeable batteries. White or Black both made by Apple. :apple: If you are considering a third-party battery, prepare to have problems with your MacBook and your warranty.

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

I've used third party batteries in the past and never had any problem. Do you have anything to back this up?

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

According to the warranty (page 2), if damage occurs from using non-Apple products, the warranty does not apply. Is it really worth the risk?

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

Conceivably any non-Apple peripheral could fail and damage the Mac it's attached to -- USB devices, memory, drives, etc. and thus invalidate your warranty. I think you're grossly inflating any "risk" that might be present with using a non-Apple battery.