Batteries Widget

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by FoxMcCloud, Aug 23, 2016.

1. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

my wife has a Batteries widget in her notification area. But I cannot for the life of me find it.

It shows her the battery level of her Bluetooth devices and is like this too as I just got myself some Bluetooth headphones.

I did remove the Apple Watch app, is it related to that? And how would I get it back? I've checked the App Store and it's not there like I thought it would be.

Edit//
    I used Siri to get the Apple Watch back, but still no batteries widget :(

Thanks

2. Kelowna77 macrumors member

Go to where you would normally go when you were adding a widget and it should be there. It's not a setting that you have to enable through Settings.

3. FoxMcCloud thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah it's not there

4. DaveOP macrumors 65816

It's possible your headphones don't support what's needed for battery reporting. You could try pairing her headphones to yours and see if it appears.

5. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

My Memorex Bluetooth speaker doesn't work with the widget, but my Beats headphones do. It seems to be dependent on the maker of the product? Or perhaps Bluetooth improvements?

6. cale508 macrumors 6502

Reset all settings should fix it. It won't erase your data, but it should fix the widgets.

7. FoxMcCloud thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll try pairing my wife's Bluetooth devices and see what happens. Thanks guy!

Edit

Ahah it's appeared. Must mean my headphones don't report battery. Shame

8. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

Have you tried to see if there is an update for your headphones? Not sure if it would help, but you never know.