Battery 100% to 98 in 1 second

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrT21, Feb 27, 2011.

1. MrT21 macrumors newbie

right guys, charging my phone last night.
    checked it was on 100% and then unplugged it and magically it dropped to 98%, just from UNPLUGGING IT.
    is this a problem?
    i did jailbreak but got bored and restored it?
    any help would be great

2. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

wow...just keep calm down, it really so normal, nobody's iPhone and iPod Touch will show 100% battery unless plugging it into charge.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No that's incorrect, I can charge my iPhone 4 overnight and it will stay at 100% until I get to work about 2 hours after I unplug it most of the time.

I've never encountered this issue before, just wait and see if it happens again as if it happens again there may be a problem with the battery.

4. ajarnfalang macrumors regular

Don't be scared about that.

It's a software thing.

Turn the phone completely off and the recharge it again.

If not, let the battery drain all the way until the phone shuts off and then recharge.

When it is done, shut down the phone and restart

That's happened to me once or twice. Not a big deal. Last time I was charging it through the USB. It showed 100. I unplugged it and it showed 99. Then I plugged in and went back to 100.

I just smiled. Turned it off. Turned back on. It was on 99%. I plugged it in and it took a few minutes to go to 100% and show me the "fully charged" icon on the battery.

The other time it happened was when I drained the battery once. Again, I restarted it a few times and it was fine

and you're right. The iPhone will stay at 100% for a while.

Actually, if you turn off the cellular DATA it will stay at 100% for hours ( on standby) before it goes down to 99.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I absolutely hate people whining about battery percentage.

I leave it off for this reason. So I dont get overly paranoid about something pointless. Buy yourself a car charger / spare wire and stop whining.

6. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

This has happened to me a couple of times after uplugging from a charge. Generally it went back up to 100% after a couple of minutes. I think it has to do with the charge controller registering a change in the current when the external power source is removed.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

try to relax and stop looking for something that is wrong with your phone.:)

8. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Happens to me occasionally.

Turn off your iPhone completely by holding power and swiping off, then plug it in

It will charge some more now, and actually be 100%

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You could always turn off the battery percentage and go back to the stupid bar graph. Problem solved... :D

I imagine there was a big debate before that feature was added.. :cool:

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Calibrate your battery, then turn off the percentage indicator. It's useless anyway. The bar is more than enough.

11. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I think it also has to do with where in the charging cycle the phone is at the time you unplug it. I have noticed sometimes I will stay at 100% for several minutes and sometimes it drops right away. Once the charge up is complete, the phone will cycle a trickle charge to keep the battery topped up. If you notice, you can see the little lightning bolt on the battery come on and off as the phone uses battery and tops it off even if you are not touching the phone.

12. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Bingo!!;)

13. MrT21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers Guys for your response's,
    seems as a simple hard reset did the trick!
    and also if anyone was wondering i am not complaining at all at my phone
    i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
    just these minor tweaks make me cautious of it and want it to be fixed and solved.
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: