battery: 4.5 hrs video

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by clevin, Sep 14, 2007.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. Enterprise8875 macrumors member

Yea 4.5 hours nonstop playing and Apple said around 5 so thats not so surprising. And I have had wifi on mine nonstop while playing music for hours and hours and the battery bar is at more then 75%. This is by no means an official test but the battery is definitely better then my old 5G iPods.

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

well, post back when you get a number for the wi-fi battery. In my experience, it has never been linear.

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I read a test of the iPhone wifi battery life somewhere (Gizmodo or Ars maybe?) They constantly reloaded an HTML page every 10 seconds (so a bit more stressful than regular web browsing), and got something like 7 hours IIRC with the iPhone.

The iPhone has somewhat better battery life for video than the Touch, but that might still mean a few hours of web surfing on the Touch. Music is the least stressful on the battery, so even with music playing you should get pretty good battery life.

5. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

interesting part is, I saw SJ bragged about the battery life of iPhone back in Jan, but this time with iPod Touch, I saw nothing like that. Since iPod Touch is so much thinner than iPhone, make me wonder if its a much smaller battery in iPod Touch.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

The iPhone has 7 hours video, 24 hours audio.

The Touch has 5 hours video, 22 hours audio.

So the battery is a bit smaller, but probably not too much smaller. Those wifi results on the iPhone were very good IMO (compared to wifi PDA's, etc.) considering you get a great browser. So hopefully the Touch will be only a little less than that.