Battery 97%?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by frede1208, Aug 4, 2008.

1. frede1208 macrumors newbie

Finally i have purchased my Macbook! I am so happy with it and it runs so smoothly.

But i have one question. My Mac is charging and the percentage won't go further than 97%. Not that it would be a problem, but i would like to know if anything is wrong?

thanks.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Does it also do that when your charge is below 95% and you plug in the charger? If not: It's absoultely normal and just helps save battery life (by not charging back up to 100% when the level drops a tiny bit)

3. kage207 macrumors 6502a

That's odd. You might have a faulty battery. Check the time till finish charging and sit there for that long. Reason macs have a battery saving feature that charges the device to 100% and then let's it fall to95% and then charges back to 100 as to not over charge the battery. If it doesn't go past I'd go to the apple store and have a genius look at it and see if you can't just try another battery because it can be either the batter or the logic board / mother board.

4. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Well when you first get a Mac you are supposed to condition the battery. First by killing the battery then letting the mac charge with the computer off. Check out apples site (Battery Calibration)

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

6. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

That was the link that I was looking for and finally found it and edited my post. Good looking out. People just need to use apples knowledge base.

7. frede1208 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks. I will try to calibrate the battery.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

9. *Sandy* macrumors 6502