Battery a week later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

So how's your battery doing thus far? It seems my battery drains 1% every couple minutes in safari or searching the app store, is this normal?

I'm debating turning off the battery indicator, I like having it up there but not seeing my % drain... lol

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I know what ya mean, sometimes I find myself just watching the % drain and timing it lol. I'll eventually get over it I'm sure.

But I average around 7-10 hours "usage" time. Which is fantastic. I use wifi non stop and play games, check email, record/edit HD video etc

Couldn't be happier with the battery life.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Great battery life, absolutely no problems. If your having problems check your settings.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I would like to echo this fine gentleman's sentiment.:)

5. techguy1 macrumors regular

Just started using [app]Battery Doctor[/app] .. includes some useful tips on battery usage.

Attached Files:

6. headcheese macrumors regular

7. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

8. headcheese macrumors regular

I know right?!? I probably could have gotten 3 days standby easy but I needed to plug it in for work the next day :D

9. AJerman macrumors member

Battery is looking great. Coming from an old 3G that I had to charge at least 2, if not 3 times a day during my daily moderate to heavy usage, the iPhone 4's battery is wonderful. I can still kill it in a day with heavy usage, but I think part of that is the habit to recharge it when it gets below... say 50% or so. I'm so used to that being my time to start thinking about charging the next time I get a chance that I forget it could probably finish the day off with the remaining 30-40% I may have.

10. smash1031 macrumors member

This app does absolutely nothing. I mean the tips are already well known and waiting for your battery to drain to 20% and then engaging the app did nothing in my opinion.

11. cirial macrumors regular

When at home if I use wifi I'll get better usage times as opposed to 3G?

12. wvphysics macrumors regular

Keep in mind, battery performance may be affected by your signal strength. My battery always lasts longer when I have 5 bars than it does when I have 1-2.

13. AJerman macrumors member

Yes, much better.

I think as long as you hold the signal, it doesn't affect it as much, it's when you have a bad signal and it's constantly searching for a signal or falling off 3G to EDGE, etc. When I had my 3G jailbroken and I was in an area that got poor 3G coverage, I'd just turn off 3G and stick to EDGE to make sure it wouldn't kill my battery connecting and disconnecting.

14. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Mines about the same as it was last week, about 24-28 hours standby and about 7-10 hours usage and I have 3G, Wi-Fi and GPS turned on

15. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Mine is strange, actually. It lasted 1.5 hours last night and only dropped 6% after I pulled it off the charger once it hit 100%, but when I let it charge overnight, it seems to drain more quickly when taken off. Is this normal?

16. SDNikki macrumors member

i get about 7 hours of usage, but I'm contantly using the yahoo messenger app, which i'm convinced is one of the biggest battery drains ever :(