Battery adding 5% right away

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmt25, Apr 14, 2017.

1. bmt25 macrumors newbie

This happen after almost draining my battery(7%) and charging overnight(trying to calibrate).

I noticed that if I remove the charger at 75% then plug it again right away my battery increase up to 80%. Should I calibrate it again or wait for next month?

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I see that suddently switching from e.g. 20% battery percentage to 45% when I just connect it to an AC plug to charge it. This is happening as well with my iPhone 5s since iOS10 versions not sure if it's related to iOS or simply my battery getting too old.

3. Tomxxx macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, my battery life has gone to pot with the latest updates, it can lose 30% over night just sat on my bedroom drawers, it can jump 20 % t0 30% when pluged into the charger.

It loses charge so fast now I can't rely on it, it's an iphone 6 just two years old.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I replaced the battery myself on my 27 month old iPhone 6 a couple of weeks ago. It began exhibiting those issues a while back but got a lot worse all at once.

5. Tomxxx macrumors newbie

I can still get several hours from my first generation itouch, bought in 1997 & still on original battery.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

1997? And how is that even relevant to the topic?

OP. Sounds like your battery is starting to fail. If you have a Mac use Coconut battery to check health. Once a battery begins to fail it becomes unstable and it's not unusual to see percentage jumps.

7. Tomxxx macrumors newbie

Should have said 2007 senior moment.

8. kingvwardhana macrumors newbie

I have a same experience with my iPhone 5. Usually it appears when i was charging from 95%, soon after i plug the charger it jumped to 100%. This never happened before, after several times until then the battery got "pregnant" (battery got bulged on it).
    So it might be a sign of your battery is coming to an end