Battery and charger cannot work same time

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rogery, Mar 3, 2012.

1. rogery macrumors newbie

Hi friends, anybody experiences same problem with me?
    My Macbook white is 2008 model. Whenever I insert the battery, charger stop working (no light at all) and also not charge. Take out the battery, charger shows green light and works as normal. I bring the battery to test with other Macbook white same model, it works very well. I also test the charger with other Macbook, also working fine.

It means that both the charger and battery are in good condition, but simply cannot work together. Anybody knows why?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Charge circuit is fried!

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try resetting the SMC. Check to make sure the battery is properly seated and that connectors are clean and undamaged. Also check the adapter connection very carefully, to make sure the connection is clean and secure. If none of this helps, the other primary charging component is your logic board. Take it to Apple to have it checked.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. rogery thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Thanks for your comment.
    Anybody knows how much it costs and how long it takes to change the charge circuit?
    Btw, I also want to upgrade RAM and HDD will it be very costly?
    thanks

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If the logic board needs to be replaced, it can run around $700.
    It depends on how much RAM and which HDD you select. Just shop around, as prices vary widely. Of course, you can easily replace both yourself, so there's no labor charge involved.