Battery and charging

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by animated2, Jan 4, 2009.

1. animated2 macrumors newbie

Hello

I hope some one is able to shed some light on this, as the Mac shop have not been very helpful.

A couple of times now I have left my Mac book pro to run down, and leave for 5 hours. When I come to charge it up, the LED on the adapter is orange, but the LED's on the battery do not indicate that they are charging. after an hour or so, this is still the case. When I then turn on my mac, it waits for about 10 mins to show me the calculation time left. And it comes up with 10 hours. After about 15-20 mins this time turns to 1hr or 2hr and it then begins to charge normally, with the LED's on the battery flashing.

what is going on? It has only started to do it, in the cold weather. I think that it may be to cold in my house, as I have no heating. But is this the case.

When I took it in to Apple, It worked fine.

They did a battery test and it all showed good, and the cycle count is only 100.

hope some one can shed some light on to this, or other people have the same issue.

cheers

tom

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Hmmm weird. Usually when I do my calibration on my MB I just let it charge when the computer went to sleep after I drain the battery and let it rest for over 5 hours. When it's charging the indicator is orange and it'll take quite a while before it goes back to green...

All I could say is that it could be a little glitch?