battery and screen problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by benno1986, Jun 19, 2011.

1. benno1986 macrumors newbie

hi all i was wondering if someone could shed some light for me i have a macbook late 2007 2.2 ghz.

the computer starts up and runs fine on a a/c power adapter but as soon as its unplugged it shuts down, so i checked the battery in system profiler and it appears to be what i think is dead i did a smc reset and still no joy.

in the top right corner it says the computer can detect the battery and i should replace now but then if i reset it the next time it turns on there is a x through the battery and it says no batteries visable.

also as i said the macbook is fully functional but sometimes i experience intermittent fault i.e music and video start to crash and sometimes the screen goes black although the applications are still running could this be down to a dodgy logic board as every where i read on the net its pointing that way?

i hope someone can help thanks in advance

2. Bear macrumors G3

You MacBook is about 4 years old, you could be having a battery issue even if there are other issues.

As for the screen going black, could that be energy saver preferences? How do you recover form the black screen? Moving the mouse/hitting the keyboard or ??

3. benno1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have been to apple this afternoon and the battery is knackered but could the duff battery have any effect on these other symtoms i have?

to recover from the dark screen i have to close the lid and open it again i have done a verify disk permissions and repaired this afternoon and so far so good.