Battery and warranty problem :mad:

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fud122, Nov 29, 2008.

1. fud122 macrumors member

I have one of the early 2008 Macbook Pros (Penryn) and just suddenly the battery can't hold more than 20-30mins of charge time. I used to get 3hrs or so before! This is ridiculous! My old Windows laptop batteries would last for years! This one can't even last a few months! My warranty expires in March 2009 but does it cover this issue?

Also my laptop was purchased in Canada but I live elsewhere so is the warranty an international one? Seeing as how I have to pay to talk to Apple on the phone :mad: since its been over 90 days after my purchase...do they have a an email for support? I can't find it on the website. Thanks for your help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Batteries are not covered by warranty, except in the case of manufacturing defects.

Apple Limited Warranty:
    This warranty does not apply:
    (f) to consumable parts, such as batteries, unless damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;

AppleCare Protection Plan:
    b. Limitations. The Plan does not cover:
    (ix) Consumable parts, such as batteries, except in respect of battery coverage under APP for iPod or unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials and workmanship;

Having said that, if your battery is defective, it will be covered. Have you been calibrating your battery, as Apple recommends?

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

I heard that Apple may replace the batteries depending on the cycles number. How many cycle does your battery have?