iPhone 7(+) Battery burning up quicker on current iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cornerexit, Nov 5, 2018.

1. cornerexit macrumors 6502

There has been some member on here mentioning that older iOS devices are using battery faster than normal on current iOS. I can confirm this on my i7. I'm not a heavy user but have noticed this over the past week and a half. I'm going through a charge much faster than normal. I've never charged it at work before, never needed to but have had to sometimes now, borrowing a charger from a coworker. A full charge would get me through the day prior, easily. I stream Pandora a lot during the work day and maybe 15-20 minutes of you-boob, and then emails. And what is interesting is I just had the battery replaced at an Apple store several weeks ago so the battery in the phone is recently new. Time to start looking at new phones now and that means a phablet. :(

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I wouldn’t get rid of the phone just yet. Have you checked to see what’s using the most battery power in the battery settings? Even if the battery management isn’t completely sorted out yet, future updates will straighten it out. Every version of iOS has had battery management issues in the the eary stages, iOS12 seems to be no different

3. cornerexit thread starter macrumors 6502

No change in my usage and I know which progs (apps) I use the most. It's an iOS issue like you said.

I've checked what I'm currently paying with ATT per month and I'm on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. Data plan alone is $45 a month plus call plan and texts. It's time to fire ATT and time to get a new phone. The Spectrum mobile plan is $45 a month for everything, data, calls, and text. Time to switch I think.

4. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried turning off screen time and seeing if your battery reacts differently?

I turned it off on my 6S and noticed that my battery drain went back to normal.

5. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I turned it off on all my devices also. I don't use the feature so I can't comment on the effect it has on the battery.