Battery Calibration killed health...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kmaute, Sep 28, 2009.

1. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

So I hear all about the battery calibration so I tried it last night. My battery was at 78% health, after the calibration - I'm at 64%. I don't get it. The battery has 195 cycles on a computer purchased 9/1/07. What can I do?

2. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

Normal

As I understand it, and i'm very happy for someone to tell me i'm wrong, the reason for calibrating your battery is to ensure that the reading you're being given of your battery %, time remaning, and health are accurate, and not for improving battery life/health as you'd hope.

Unfortunately, if you've calibrated and it's telling you your battery health has decreased, then it's probably a truer reflection of your battery's health than you had previously.

3. kmaute thread starter macrumors 6502

kmaute

That was my initial understanding as well. However, some people on here speak of it as the holy grail of  notebooks and I suppose I was hoping for the best.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What does that have to do with anything? Your battery is 2 years old. No battery lasts forever, no matter how good a notebook is. Apple doesn't even make the batteries. Battery calibration doesn't affect your battery's health. It only makes the reporting of its condition more accurate, as timsutcliffe said.