Battery Calibration Stress

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Blondie :), Jul 1, 2010.

1. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I've calibrated my battery a few times. Whenever I have done it, the health of my battery goes down into the mid 80% range for health, and then slowly climbs back up as I use my battery more after the calibration. Is this normal? If I need a new battery, I need to get it before august because I'll be in school at that point.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

How are you measuring battery health? I don't recall ever seeing this value on my wife's laptop.

I'd suggest you just do the calibration, as recommended by Apple and don't worry about this seemeingly changeable and non-dependable value.

What exactly IS battery health? An inverse measure of the percentage chance for failure?:confused:

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I've not heard of this happening. You might review the instructions Here.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

Thanks for that...now I know where to look for battery health...although I doubt I will be checking that out anytime soon. Only if something starts going wrong.

It's one of those things (like all those internal temperatures people keep posting about:"My CPU is 44 degrees...is that too hot?") that I think people obsess over far too much.

6. Blondie :) thread starter macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Ok, I guess I'll just stop freaking out over it. Sometimes the values just make a guy wonder you know? Anyways, thanks to all! :)