Battery Capacity dropping rapidly.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ' r i S e n, May 22, 2011.

1. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

I recently downloaded coconutBattery 2.7 and my capacity yesterday was 94%, and now it is 91% today.

... has anyone experienced something like this? 91% after 117 load cycles seems really bad.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your battery health will fluctuate up and down over time. It's perfectly normal. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Try calibrating. The capacity does fluctuate anyhow, so it will likely go back up at some point. If it ever drops below 80% before 1000 cycles, apple will replace it free.

4. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

I calibrated yesterday actually and after calibration it displayed 94%, and now it displays 91%.

I was unaware that the capacity itself fluctuates, that's really good to know. In order to be replaced for free, does it have to be under Apple Care if it's after 1 year?

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Yes.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Generally, yes. The Battery FAQ has been posted in at least 3 threads you've started. If you take the time to actually read it, your questions will be answered, as they're all addressed in the FAQ. I encourage you to read all of the Battery FAQ.

7. ' r i S e n thread starter macrumors regular

You're probably right, but I guess it's just instinctive of me to make a post to have it addressed by users rather than referring to an FAQ. Just never really occurs to me ... although I have browsed it before when you have linked it - I'll admit that I haven't read it head to toe.

Thanks to everyone's replies.