Battery capacity for brand new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rnfn6292, Jul 9, 2011.

1. rnfn6292 macrumors newbie

Hello
    I'm a noob macbook pro user who bought it yesterday. As soon as I get this macbook, I did some tests to see if it's okay or not. When I tried to check my battery status with coconutbattery, it says that my battery's capacity is 97% even though it was first cycle on the first day. (It also says that it's 9 weeks old). I bought this macbook from Amazon and this battery thing kinda bothers me even though it's not going to affect my usage a lot. So, do you think this can be considered as defective item from Amazon or just normal macbook pro?

Attached Files:

2. craighton macrumors member

craighton

Well if it's under warranty go into the Apple store and talk to someone about getting a new battery.

If you request it they will most likely replace it for you because it is covered under warranty.

Just make sure that you tell them about the battery being 9 weeks old.

Before you do that though, run it through a complete cycle. Completely drain the battery and leave it off during a full battery recharge and try again.

If no avail go to the Apple store.

3. dflotusg macrumors newbie

MBP 13' new - aweful battery life and running very hot

Folks, I need some advice. I have had my MBP 13' 2.7g 2 weeks and battery life sucks. I recon i get 2 hours max. My CPU runs hot fans regularly sitn high 4k+. I don't know whether this is normal but I was told this thing would have a much longer battery life. I am running parrellel software, not watching movies etc. I can surf the web and literally see the battery % ticking down. Any help much appreciated.
    :eek:

4. FirstAppel macrumors newbie

I'd say the battery life on my MBP isn't great either. I was disappointed when the first couple charges only held about 4 hours. I was looking into the range of 6-8 hours. Now, it's more like 3-4 hours at best.

Not sure what to do, but since my computer is under warranty, I'm hoping the battery will just die out and I can get a new one for free. Otherwise, I try minimizing the screen brightness and try not to use too many applications at once to conserve the battery life.

5. bizzle macrumors 6502a

It is 100% completely normal for the FCC to fluctuate ±5%. It's not defective. Welcome to batteries!!!!!

Also, coconutbattery measures age based on the serial number. The serial number can be decoded to show when the machine was built. Your machine could have easily sat on the shelf in a warehouse for 9 weeks.