Battery Capacity problems with MBP 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by geraldem, Feb 24, 2016.

1. geraldem macrumors regular

I know the rMB battery capacity health issues are widely reported and discussed on this forum. Having just bought a rMB and hovering around 95% after 3 cycles, I am concerned. So I thought I would ask this group if they see the same with their MBP's? Is this common across the MB line..or just a rMB problem?

2. throAU, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Stop looking at your battery health meter, they fluctuate with use.

Is the battery life (in terms of the time you can work on battery) on the machine unacceptable or otherwise poor compared to competitor products?

For reference, just playing video on my Surface Pro 4 it will struggle to get 5 hours.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

This. Stop obsessing over battery health.

Use the computer as you normally would. If you find you're having issues with the battery life, then look into it. Obessively checking battery health will just put you in a negative frame of mind and you'll be looking for a problem.

4. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Both great points....and believe me not looking for a problem. So far I have been happy with battery life. It is hard to judge and calculate though. With an iPad u get usage stats on battery life. I have not found the same with Mac. So I am really trying to make sure I am looking at the right things as some have had problems. But great points from both of u

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

As an aside... my 2011 Macbook Pro 15 has a battery health of 90%. I fell into the trap of obsessing over it early in the piece, and watched it fluctuate all over the 90s, then dip to 88% a while back and now it has come back up.

Just use the machine and stop looking at the meter. Well, at least stop stressing over it :D

6. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. I hear ya. I wonder if my crazy subconscious is looking for a reason to trade in the rMB for a 13" MBP