iPhone Battery Capacity

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HankHowdy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

[​IMG]

I'm using Battery Life tweak and my capacity is down to 88%. My warranty is almost up from Apple and I'd like to my phone replaced. I know I can't bring my phone in jailbroken and and show them this tweak with my capacity.

Is there an app in the App Store that will show capacity? Is like to show the results to a rep at the Apple Store.

Thanks.

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

At 88% rated capacity and 257 cycles, is well within designed specifications and very unlikely to be exchanged under warranty.

But to still answer your question, if you restore to remove the jailbreak, there is a paid app on the AppStore called battery doc that does show battery capacity like some Cydia battery apps.

3. HankHowdy thread starter macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Thank you.

4. anthdci macrumors 6502

Thanks for this post, I didn't know about that tweak. Just installed it and my iPhone5 is only at 76% battery capacity after 739 cycles. I thought the battery life was lower than it should be :(

5. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

The battery reading from this app isn't inherently accurate anyway. Apple technicians will be able to see the health of the battery accurately however. If it is under 80% then it is considered a 'fail battery' and generally will be replaced under warranty (at least in Canada)

6. HankHowdy thread starter macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Is this it?

[​IMG]

Now look where it's at.

[​IMG]

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Yup that's the app. But I haven't ran it in a while. The latest version won't run on a jailbroken device. But that won't really matter in your situation.