Battery Capacity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by questions, Sep 25, 2007.

1. questions macrumors member

Is it werid to only have 321 cycles but the battery capacity is down to 25%?

2. ///alpinepower macrumors member

3. antibact1 macrumors 6502

That is not normal. After 300 cycles, a properly maintained battery should have up to 80% of it's original capacity. Check here for more information (bottom right corner)

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

4. schmons macrumors newbie

im at 133 cycles with 33% battery health left on my MBP. gets about 40-50 min per full charge. today my computer shutoff while unplugged even though it said 40% charge remaining. i calibrated my battery last week.
    I dont know how i didnt properly maintained my battery... I used my laptop periodically, charged it, never had it plugged in for an extensively long time.
    these batteries simply arent that good. check out the reviews on the apple store about these batteries. not getting much for $129

5. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I'm at 71% with 303 cycles on the batter for my macbook. I have noticed that my battery life fluctuates alot one day it will be at 82% the next day it will be 70% I dont know why it does that. I've done the calibration steps that apple says to do and everything...Anyways to answer your question, NO that is not normal!

6. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I'm 97% after 558 load cycles, so that seems really low. Should be at least 80%. How often do you calibrate?

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No, it's very very wrong.

The battery should retain 80% of its charge through the first 300 cycles. Apple has this on their page.