Battery case for iPhone 5c

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hustenloeser45, Sep 11, 2015.

1. hustenloeser45 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

first of all, hello everybody and greetings from Germany :) after actively following the macrumors homepage for about 4 years, i finally made it to the forums :)

To my concern:

I just ordered an iPhone 5c to replace my broken iPhone 5. For my new device, I am looking for a suitable and affordable case with extra battery power. I already found some cases on amazon for around 20-30€ but they are all charged with a micro usb cable. However, I am using my iPhone as a music player in my car everyday for a few rides and I connect it via the lightning cable to my radio. Therefore, cases with a micro usb connector are not suitable for me, as I do not want to put on and off the case.

Can you guys recommend any case for an iPhone 5c with extra battery power that my phone can still be connected via lightning connector to my radio?

Thank you guys in advance and have a nice weekend. Cheers

2. Anneks macrumors member

Anneks

Every battery case is charged with a micro-usb cable, even the mophie ones, they have lightning connectors to connect the iPhone itself because Apple licensed the connectors to third parties but never the lightning ports which is why no battery case has the option to connect a lightning cable to it. However Apple recently decided to start licensing the lightning port so in the future you could see a battery case that can support lightning cables.

For more info on Apple licensing the lightning port to third party manufacturers: http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/18/apple-mfi-summit-third-party-products-lightning-port-new-accessories/