Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kepesk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I'm a huge klutz. I fully admit it, and I prepare for the inevitable dropping of my phone. To this end, I got myself an OtterBox. It has worked very well; since I've had it, I've dropped my 3G on hard surfaces nearly a dozen times with no damage. However, the case is wearing out, evidence of my abuse, and I'm looking for a new one.

I'm interested in getting one of those cases with a built-in battery to give me additional battery time. I certainly use the phone enough to justify the expense, but browsing around, I don't see such a case that offers nearly the protection that my OtterBox has. They all appear to have hard plastic shells and none of them seem to offer any form of protection to the face of the device.

So am I missing anything? Is there a case out there with a built-in battery suitable for a super-klutz such as myself?

Thanks!

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I just bought the incase power slider and it looks, protects, and powers the phone great but the problem was that it caused interference with the reception and forces the phone to loose signal.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I too have the incase power slider case. Works great for me, I dunno how everyone else is "losing signal" but I've been having signal and no problems with mine. On a side note, i wouldn't recommend this case to you since you said you're a total klutz, remember you're paying 79.99 for a case and battery, worse comes to worse, when you drop it, it'll land battery side first and there goes your 79.99 down the drain. just stick with a regular slider case or go to http://www.contourdesign.com

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Keep up buying the OtterBox defender because it's the best protective iPhone case on the market + get yourself an external battery + case to protect your external battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.