Battery Case vs Battery Extender

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Beardown17, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Beardown17 macrumors newbie

What do you guys prefer, an iPhone case with a built in battery or one of this battery extenders you attach to the bottom of your phone?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

go with the juicepack...i have a portable battery charger that i ordered that was listed under iphone 3gs and my iphone is telling me this accessory doesnt support charging. LOL.

3. Lamonster macrumors regular

Lamonster

I've been using the incase battery pack and I like it. I just ordered one of the battery extender from a banner ad on this board and I can't tell you if I like it or not. I ordered it 6 days ago and they just now processed the order and it will be another 3 to 4 days to receive it. I'll let you know what I think. For sure the Incase works great.

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I had the Juice Pack Air but had to return it for a couple of reasons:

1) The cell signal is worse when the case is on
    2) Doesn't charge the device more then once or barely one time
    3) Top piece is pretty cheap and feels like it'll break any time.

I definitely suggest getting a battery that isn't a case.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have 2 iPwr's, a Mili Power Skin case, and a Case Mate Fuel.

During the work week I use the Mili and it gets me thru the day. The MiLi does not affect the cell signal at all like the Mophie does.

As for not charging an iPhone all the way, remember a case type power soruce doubles as a protective case and charging solution. Typically, if you want the slimmest form factors, that means around 1200mah for the case. The Mili gets my iPhone from 25 percent up to full charge and that's about it. MiLi also sells the PowerPack which is really a sled type holder (kinda like the Fuel but without the belt clip) and is 2000mah. So, it's really a trade off.

I like the Fuel also but it means I have to use the iPhone naked which sometimes is not a good thing. ;)

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have been using the IMAX external battery since Nov. of 2008 and I must say, it's a worthy investment. It hasn't failed me especially when I flew once internationally, like a 16-hr flight. It can charge your iPhone upto 4 times, well worth it. There's a thread about this battery somewhere here.

7. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

That's what I ordered too! It should arrive tomorrow...I am dying to get it:p

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

I'm currently using a Griffin PowerJolt Reserve a nifty little battery plus car adapter to top up my iPhone main battery when needed. The Griffin gadget is enough to add 25% to 30% charge level.

Later I've tried a Kensington Mini Battery Pack but discovered that isn't compatible with the 3GS, so be advised. It works fine with the old 3G phone, though.

cheers :)

9. fredf macrumors 6502

I have the Monoprice 22mAh case for $20. If it's a case you want, you can't do better than this.
    I have never understood why anyone would want to hand an accessory off the end of their iPhone and chance it coming lose or ruining the dock connector--unless you are only using it in an office or a hotel room.