Battery cases - Have limited time need help making decision.

Mophie or Apple Smart Battery Case

• Mophie

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Apple Smart Battery Case

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
As I am saying in the title I have limited time to make a decision because I have a coupon from mophie for 10% off that expires in 48 hours. I am going to get a battery case for my iPhone 6s and can't decide between getting a mophie or the iPhone smart battery case. Can u guys help me to make a decision before my code expires. I was thinking about getting the juice pack ultra- the biggest one. Please give me your opinions if you own any Battery Case or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: bionichillbilly

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Do you plug your phone into anything other than the charger via the lightning port? If that's a yes and it's often then I'd go Apple. If not then mophie

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Do you plug your phone into anything other than the charger via the lightning port? If that's a yes and it's often then I'd go Apple. If not then mophie
I only use lightning except I have an external battery that charges via micro USB but has a USB port on it that I plug my lightning cable in to charge my iPhone.
[doublepost=1488589121][/doublepost]
Does the smart battery case offer that much more of a charge?
[doublepost=1488589882][/doublepost]The reason I am thinking the mophie juice pack ultra is because the battery on my 6s isn't that great and I wanted a case that had a lot of extra battery to it even if I didn't need all of it. On the flip side, I am thinking of the Apple smart battery case with iOS integration and a lightning connector. It is so hard to decide. They both have their drawbacks and advantages and I need some opinions from people that have a battery case and what they think is the best.

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
I chose the Mophie. The extra battery is good because I spend most of my day away from power sources.
Which mophie do u have if u have one? I am wondering if the ultra is heavy and pretty thick

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
The Air. I have been using the air since the 5S. The air makes the phone into a heavy brick, I would imagine that the ultra would do the same.
What phone do u currently use? The ultra for the 6s weighs 0.8 oz more than the air. So not much for more battery what do u think?

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
The 7. I have used the Air for the 5S, 6S, and 7. Every time I went to the store with my new phone I looked at the Air, Ultra, and apple and walked away with the Air.

I might be biased.
What are your thoughts on the ultra?

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
I thought it was too big. My cousin had an ultra for the 6 and 6S. It seemed a little too big for my hands and pockets.
Do you think that mophies offer good protection against drops and other things?

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I was always a huge fan of Mophie. I've owned more than 6 different battery cases from them.

This time around I decided to try out the smart battery case for the iPhone 7. The design makes the case feel thin, which I love. The lightning port is also a plus. Would definitely recommend this over the Mophie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.