Battery cases - Have limited time need help making decision.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jerhen, Mar 3, 2017.

?

Mophie or Apple Smart Battery Case

1. Mophie

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Apple Smart Battery Case

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Jerhen, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017

Jerhen macrumors regular

As I am saying in the title I have limited time to make a decision because I have a coupon from mophie for 10% off that expires in 48 hours. I am going to get a battery case for my iPhone 6s and can't decide between getting a mophie or the iPhone smart battery case. Can u guys help me to make a decision before my code expires. I was thinking about getting the juice pack ultra- the biggest one. Please give me your opinions if you own any Battery Case or not.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Do you plug your phone into anything other than the charger via the lightning port? If that's a yes and it's often then I'd go Apple. If not then mophie

3. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

I only use lightning except I have an external battery that charges via micro USB but has a USB port on it that I plug my lightning cable in to charge my iPhone.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2017 ---
    Does the smart battery case offer that much more of a charge?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2017 ---
    The reason I am thinking the mophie juice pack ultra is because the battery on my 6s isn't that great and I wanted a case that had a lot of extra battery to it even if I didn't need all of it. On the flip side, I am thinking of the Apple smart battery case with iOS integration and a lightning connector. It is so hard to decide. They both have their drawbacks and advantages and I need some opinions from people that have a battery case and what they think is the best.

4. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

I chose the Mophie. The extra battery is good because I spend most of my day away from power sources.

5. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

Which mophie do u have if u have one? I am wondering if the ultra is heavy and pretty thick

6. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

The Air. I have been using the air since the 5S. The air makes the phone into a heavy brick, I would imagine that the ultra would do the same.

7. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

What phone do u currently use? The ultra for the 6s weighs 0.8 oz more than the air. So not much for more battery what do u think?

8. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

The 7. I have used the Air for the 5S, 6S, and 7. Every time I went to the store with my new phone I looked at the Air, Ultra, and apple and walked away with the Air.

I might be biased.

9. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

What are your thoughts on the ultra?

10. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

I thought it was too big. My cousin had an ultra for the 6 and 6S. It seemed a little too big for my hands and pockets.

11. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think that mophies offer good protection against drops and other things?

12. vrBrew Suspended

vrBrew

Yeah. Almost as good as the otterbox defenders. I make my kids use the otterbox for their ipods and iphones.

13. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

14. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

15. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I was always a huge fan of Mophie. I've owned more than 6 different battery cases from them.

This time around I decided to try out the smart battery case for the iPhone 7. The design makes the case feel thin, which I love. The lightning port is also a plus. Would definitely recommend this over the Mophie.