Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twixt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Though I am still undecided about which phone I shall buy next (inclined to go for Note 4), I know my usage will not slow down and would need battery under steroids.
I tend to dislike the concept of carrying a charger (which I did so far) or external battery.
It leaves me with either buying an extra internal battery to swap with or a case including a battery.
I spotted some brands such as zerolemon, anker, seidio to name a few.
For those already using this internal or case battery which solution would you recommend and why? Also do you have a brand/favorite product ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Just received a new case/battery for my LG G3...

The standard G3 battery is 3000mAh. The new one is a whopping 7500mAh.

The case is quite cool, and it barely feels much heavier, impressed thus far. Just charged it up to 100%, so let's see how long it lasts!

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
UPDATE: After 24 hours, it's at 43% after normal everyday usage.

It actually dropped to 87% really quickly, so I sent the seller a quick message. They responded saying that it needs 4 or 5 full charges/discharges (2% to 100% and vice versa) to optimise properly.

Anyway it subsequently calmed down and seems to be doing better than OK. I installed Battery Doctor to keep an eye on things.

Feels a bit weird not having to charge it :eek:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
The Note 4 is already a pretty large and heavy phone, adding a battery case would make it worse. I'd rather carry a charger around.

That said, I've heard good things about Mophie battery cases although I haven't used one myself.

www.mophie.com

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
OK so after a week of proper use...

The 7500mAh battery basically gives me exactly 2 full days of normal usage - mix of music, Chrome, email, Facebook, podcasts, Maps etc etc.

That is 2 full days with no charge. If it was more limited usage, I'd estimate 3 days potentially.

Pretty impressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.