Battery charge time and lights?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iphonenub, Sep 10, 2011.

1. iphonenub macrumors regular

My 15" MacBook pro will be delivered Monday and I want to charge it at night on my desk which is next to the bed. How long does it take to charge 0 to 100 (not that I'll let it get dangerously low) and are there any lights that stay on when it charges or do you have to hit the battery indicator button to make the lights go on? I want to charge it on my desk but light bothers me. Thanks for the help and if you have any tips feel free to post them.

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

The LED on the Magsafe connector turns green when the battery has finished charging. Until then, it remains amber orange.

It should take about 2-3 hours from around 20%, with no use.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

like the above poster said, there will be light [amber if charging, and green if done charging]. so just cover it up with a piece of paper or something and no more light problems!! :)

4. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

There is the amber-to-green light on the MagSafe adapter that indicates charge, it is a itty bitty tiny light but it is there. Also, if you just put your computer to sleep instead of shutting it down completely there is a small sleep-indicator light on the front of the MBP that "breathes". It's not really bright and it is blue so I don't personally notice it, but if you are someone who is extremely sensitive to light then you might notice it. Of course, like someone else said, just cover up the MagSafe light and shut it down completely instead of putting it to sleep and you should be good to go!

5. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks guys I will just cover that up orange and green lights aren't a big deal it's white that really bothers me. Just one more day to go!

6. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

It's really not that noticeable. Unless it's at eye level and directly in your face.