Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parasky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
My battery seems to be charging correctly, i.e. the big green indicator shows full and the usage stats reset. However, the plug icon has never shown up, it always shows the still charging icon. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

I also can't tell if I'm getting the same amount of battery usage as other people. I'm usually only good for 5-6 hours of actual usage before it's down to 20%, this is with wifi on but bluetooth off with manually checking e-mails. Those 5-6 hours are usually a mix of phone calls, web surfing and listening to music. I haven't watched any videos yet.

Thanks

parasky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
Yeah, I think the battery is charging all the way. It's just that the plug has never shown up and I've tried charging it a bunch of different ways. I can't decide whether it's worth bringing it in if the only problem is that the icon is not showing up.

dcMobile

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2007
NYC
Apple says it's a UI problem, but it seems to be inconsistent. My last one had the same problem but my new phone doesn't and hasn't. If I charge with the phone powered off, I'll only get 75% even overnight with mains.

toss002

Suspended
Jul 16, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Yeah, I think the battery is charging all the way. It's just that the plug has never shown up and I've tried charging it a bunch of different ways. I can't decide whether it's worth bringing it in if the only problem is that the icon is not showing up.

Did you use the WALL-plug adapter?

artw

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2007
Opposite problem for me

I have the opposite problem. I get the plug icon, but I don't get the glow and I don't get the usage statistics. They are still set at nothing (-).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.