Battery Charged Information

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andrew D., May 20, 2007.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

I was just wondering why does it say my current battery charge is 97% when it's been plugged in all night? Does that mean the battery is dying or something or do I have to calibrate it again? Do I use my MacBook to much.. haha. Thanks all!

2. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

This is the way Mac batteries work. The charger will bring the battery up to 100%. The computer will then run on AC power, leaving the battery fully charged. Over time, the battery will slowly discharge due to natural forces within the battery. This is the slow discharge you see in the battery indicator. When this discharge reaches a certain level (around 92-93%), the charger kicks in and brings your battery back to 100%.

4. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah ok I get it, thanks for explaining it to me flopticalcube. It's kinda wierd it does that, just the natural forces I guess? Thanks!

5. theISHkid macrumors regular

If it makes you feel any better... my battery says 100% but if i unplug it, the stupid thing takes about 2 minutes to get the battery warning then another 5 minutes before it's down to 0. I've had it a few years so it's time for a new battery but I still think it's weird.