Battery Charged ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rm2092, Apr 24, 2008.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Every morning I turn on my computer and allways plug in the charger, well one day it will show a full charge and the light will be green than the next day Ill plug it in and the light stays orange and the meter will stay at 99% for a long time before it will show a full charge. My concern is I allways leave it on a charge when Im using it. Are there any reall concerns here ? My Macbook is only 6 months old.

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I'd let the battery run down and then calibrate it.

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

I did that a couple off weeks ago, Im abought to turn if off now and ill leave it plugged in to see if it turns green ?

4. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

I'm on my iPhone typing this my computer has now been off for 10 minutes and the light turned green when I had it on it just showed 99% for a hour but when off its fully chareged anyways I hope there really is no concern ?

5. Macmel macrumors 6502

If your battery is already calibrated, I don't see any problem here.
    There is no perfect way to store electricity so even if you don't use it, the battery would run down and eventually run out of power.
    You shouldn't leave the power plugged in all the time. According to Apple, this batteries actually benefit from being used. The example of a good battery usage the mention is someone using their laptop every morning while on the train to work and then plugging it in at the office. I would recommend to unplugged it at least one or two hours a day.