Battery Charging Habit

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gwihannom, Dec 14, 2008.

1. gwihannom macrumors member

I have the late unibody MacBook Pro. As stated in other threads, the battery life is not that great. Probably lasts about two-three hours.

I use it around the house and away from power sources a lot. Since I use a lot of battery, sometimes I have to charge three times a day. I don't complain about the short battery life, charging it often doesn't bother me too much.

But because of the short battery life, I picked up a habit (?) of charging it whenever possible. Even if the status is at 70% or something, I just plug in the power whenever I get close to the outlet.

Is this a good habit? Or should I let the battery drain lower and charge it. Using this much batter should shorten by battery life, but I don't want to make it worse.

How about leaving the charger plugged in overnight?

What is the best battery charging method?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Although they say Lithium batteries don't suffer from the "memory effect," charging it whenever will eventually cause the battery to lose capacity.

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Charging and discharging is not a very good habit I'd say. Whenever possible plug the power adapter in your MBP all the time and calibrate your MBP at LEAST once a month to maximize your MBP's battery performance...