Battery charging......is mains more efficient than USB???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cperchard, Jun 24, 2010.

1. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Or do they both give the same amount of charge that lasts the same time??? Just wondering this is my first iphone and thought maybe a charge through the mains would make it last longer?? Or am i wrong?

2. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

are you asking if there is a difference in charging between usb and wall outlet?

6. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

7. brosx3 macrumors member

Its the same.

Any insight as to charging techniques to keep battery performance high? Do you charge it until 100% then unplug, charge it overnight?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It is not the same (if that’s what he was asking). The wall gives you double the current of the USB.

Edit: No need to unplug. Just charge it at the end of the day. Try not to ever let it die, until a month or so has gone by. The main thing is to keep the ions moving in the battery.

9. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks thats very helpful......i'll defo do that........

to the rest of u......i didnt really care how long it takes to charge......not fussed if one charges quicker than the other......was more interested in whether charging through the mains was more efficient for the battery (to make it last longer) than the usb. I had an old phone that when charged through usb used to drain the battery VERY quickly compared to mains.....just wondered if this may have been the same?