Battery charging on late 08 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MightyDane, Nov 12, 2008.

1. MightyDane macrumors newbie

Hello

My battery is at 51% atm but it says 2:10 hours before fully charged?! Is this normal? It can't seriously take 4:20 hours to get from 0% to 100%. Btw I did do the battery calibration yesterday but it looks like it didn't work:mad:

However, when I plug out the charger it says I got 3:30 hours battery left- which suddenly changes to 2:40 (the percent remains the same)

So, do I have extremly long charging times?
    Why do the battery timer suddenly change?
    Could you post your own charging times?

Thank you in advance

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

The battery on the new MBP/MB does seem to take longer to charge than previous models. Don't forget that the charger will charge the battery fairly quickly up to nearly full, then trickle charge the last bit - it's not linear is what I'm saying.

Also, OS X tries to estimate the remaining battery life based on what you're doing. So if you're just sitting doing nothing, the figure will show a higher time than if you're busy rendering videos or something. Try reducing the brightness on your display and watch the remaining time increase (you need to give it a minute or two to re-estimate).

Your battery sounds fine, don't worry!

3. MightyDane thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, that was helpful (non-sarcastic)

Could anyone try posting their estimated charging times and battery life? just want to make sure my battery is not faulty :)