Battery / Charging tips to insure maximum battery life.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wavechaser, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Wavechaser macrumors member

This was a HUGE issue on my old HTC phone, so I wanted to make sure to get the low-down concerning my Verizon phone which should be arriving tomorrow.

Should I keep the phone off when I receive it and make sure to charge it completely to 100% before doing anything with it?

I didn't do this with my HTC, and it completely screwed the battery from day one. I'm not sure if the iPhone will have the same issue, so I figured I'd ask.

Is it bad to completely drain the battery to 0% every once in awhile in order to "calibrate" the battery? This was also a no-no on my old HTC phone, but seems to be normal practice for devices like my MacBook Pro.

Any other battery tips you can recommend? I have already reviewed Apple's tips which are located on their website.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

That's all you need to know. Use your phone however you'd like, just go through a full charge cycle one a month.

3. Wavechaser thread starter macrumors member

Great! So I can start playing with it immediately out of the box!

Thanks for the response. So full drain to 0% once a month just like my MacBook Pro? Perfect!

Tomorrow can not come fast enough.