battery comes with 15+ cycles on it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jongewehr, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

hey guys iv never metioned it but my battery on my MBP came with about 15 or more cycles , is that normal

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Nope! Where did you buy it from?

3. cababah macrumors 68000

I have heard of people having 1, 2 (mine), or 3 cycles from the factory due to "testing." I cannot confirm this though..but 15 seems like a boat load of cycles for a new computer. I called Apple and they were willing to replace mine for free even though it only had 2 cycles on it. If you call them and it bothers you, I am sure they will replace your battery for free.

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I think I had one on mine. This could be because I set it up and then plugged it into the wall. At least that's what iStat reported.

5. Jongewehr thread starter macrumors 6502

my MBP is bout 2 months old would they still let me get a new one

6. cababah macrumors 68000

Most likely not but you never know until you try. I called them the day mine arrived and reported the cycles on there so it was obvious that it came like that before I used it..since you have had yours for 2 months, it makes it difficult to prove that your computer came that way. Unless your battery life is being adversely affected in some way, I wouldn't worry about it. 15 cycles on a 1000 cycle battery is really insignificant IMO.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Highly doubtful. You should have called them immediately, not 2 months later.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

:apple: About this Mac, More Info, the Hardware on Left Hand Side, Power - Battery Information, cycle count.

9. kolax macrumors G3