Battery concern

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AJ.G, Aug 15, 2010.

1. AJ.G macrumors member

sooo... i like to have my ipod plugged in the dock,
    when im not using it,
    which means that it often spends the night "charging" allthough its full battery,
    and same during the day,
    when i dont use it... i just put it in the dock.

so first question is; is this bad for the battery?
    and second question; say i needa replace the battery,
    is it expensive? as in how can i get it replaced?

TIA

Aj///

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Meh, if it's charged up then you might as well leave it out of the dock, I can't imagine it doing the battery any good! Although I'm sure the iPod is supposed to cut the charge when it's full up - the icon changes from the lightning bolt to the plug. I guess it's up to you.

With regards to changing the battery, there are a few companies out there who will do it for you, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

A new iPod touch is coming out in about a month, you can maybe buy a brand-new one then with a new battery and new features. Just a thought.

-Sky

3. Code.Red macrumors regular

I've kept my 1st gen iPod touch plugged in overnight almost every day since I've gotten it, and the battery is still as good as it was when I bought it.

4. ademuth93 macrumors regular

Minnesota: Land of the Lakes? You betcha!
    I think some devices (not Apple's) are lo-tech enough for someone to worry about leaving them charging overnight. However, we're discussing an Apple product, so I wouldn't worry.

I second waiting for the iPod touch that will be coming out soon.

5. celticpride678

Click the article below for battery saving tips:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

As for replacing the battery, if there is a drop in how much the battery can hold its charge in the first year of purchase, then Apple will replace the device for free. However, if it's after that first year, I believe you have to pay for it.